Capture the cloudless skies of a tropical holiday. Imagine a vibrant blue shawl or vivid bed spread. Such a brilliant shade will banish the winter blues or add brightness to a summer's day.You will need 250g salt. 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade.Suitable Fabrics
100% Cotton, High% Cotton Mix, 100% Linen, High% Linen Mix, Viscose, Viscose-Natural Fibre Mix.
Lighter shades will be achieved on wool, silk, poly-cotton and poly-viscose mixes.
DYLON Fabric Dyes for hand use are perfectly suited for smaller items like shorts, vests or socks, and for delicates you'd rather not put in the machine like wool and silk.
Not suitable for: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon and fabric with special finishes.
DYLON HAND DYE INSTRUCTIONS
a) You will need 250g salt
b) 1 pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. shirt) to full shade or larger amounts to lighter shade
c) Suitable fabrics: Cotton, linen and viscose. Wool, Silk, Polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shaded)
Not suitable: Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes
e) Wash separately for first few washes to remove any excess dye
f) Please note: Colour mixing rules apply (e.g. blue on red gives purple)
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly. Leave damp
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water
3. Fill bowl/stainless steel sink with approx 6 litres warm water (40°C)
4. Stir in 250g (5tbsp) salt. Add dye & stir well
5. Submerge fabric in water
6. Stir for 15mins, then stir regularly for 45mins
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat & sunlight
a) Hand dye can be used in the microwave to create special effects.
b) For cotton, linen, silk and polyester/cotton mixes only.
c) Micro-Dyeing is not suitable for wool, viscose or synthetic fabrics.
d) DO NOT USE ON VISCOSE, AS FABRIC CAN GIVE OFF HARMFUL FUMES.
e) Remove all metal on fabric (zips, studs, etc).
How To Use:
1. Wash the fabric and leave damp.
2. Select your special effect and prepare the fabric by scrunching, knotting, twisting or folding - tie all fabrics tightly.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, empty the dye carefully into the bowl and gradually add 250 ml / ½ pint of hot water. Stir thoroughly to ensure dye is dissolved. Add further 250 ml / ½ pint of water.
4. Place the fabric in the bowl and work into the dye.
5. Put the bowl into a plastic bag or plastic wrap and place in the microwave. Set on ‘high’ for 4 minutes.
6. After 4 minutes remove the bowl from the oven - remember to protect your hands from the heat.
7. Tip away the dye solution and rinse the fabric in cold water. To protect the pattern do not undo any knots, twists, folds etc., until the water runs clear.
8. Rinse, wash and dry as for the Hand Dyeing Directions above.
We start processing your order without delay and will normally send it to you by same day dispatch if ordered by 1pm. UK orders are usually received within 2-3 business days following dispatch. Mainland European and Southern Ireland orders are sent by International Standard mail and are generally received in under 7 days. Worldwide orders to other destinations outside the UK are normally sent by International Economy mail unless otherwise agreed.
You must inform us within seven working days of receipt if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the correct delivery address. Undelivered goods which are correctly addressed are assumed lost after 30 days following dispatch, at which time a full refund will be paid. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
The Dye Shop, its employees, and carriers are not responsible for any additional loss or damage beyond the value of the ordered products of any kind sustained by any person as a result of purchasing its products.
Shipping & Handling
Shipping and Handling is Free on all Orders.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 14 working days for a full refund, including the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should ensure that they are securely packaged and take out adequate postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty.
Any goods returned should reach us in saleable condition.