So easy, it’s like magic: Jeanie is a no-mess magic colouring dye that breathes new life into old denim. The dye comes in a dissolvable packet, making the dyeing process easier than ever before: simply drop the packet in your washing machine, add your fabric, and run the hottest cycle. Your blue jeans will never be blue again!Jeanie is a fun, easy-to-use, eye-catching product, designed to inspire: one glance at the packaging and you will already be thinking about all of the old clothes in your closet that are just dying for some new colour. Your jeans, your old denim jacket, your faded denim miniskirt, Jeanie will dye them all!
A single 14g packet will dye 1-3 pairs of jeans.Suitable for:
100% cotton, high% cotton mix, 100% linen, high% linen mix, denim, canvas fabric, silk, rayon, viscose-natural fibre mix, hemp and more!
Full instructions are supplied with the packs!
Suitable for: 100% cotton, high% cotton mix, 100% linen, high% linen mix, denim, canvas fabric, silk, rayon, viscose-natural fibre mix, hemp and more!Full instructions are supplied with the packs!
OVERDYE your jeans for a unique one-of-a-kind look! One packet dyes 1-3 pairs of jeans.
Overdye color and shade will vary depending on original jeans color. Full color will be most apparent on the lightest parts of the jeans, while minimal color will appear on the darkest parts.
DIRECTIONS: Pre-wash new jeans in hot water to remove sizing.
TOP LOADING WASHING MACHINES:
1. Set machine to longest and hottest cycle with the lowest water level.
2. Begin cycle and add the dissolvable dye packet once there is water in the tank.
3. Allow the dye to fully dissolve and then add jeans.
4. If possible, extend the dyeing time by resetting the wash timer, and allow the cycle to complete.
OPTIONAL: To increase color intensity, add 1 cup salt half-way through cycle.
FRONT LOADING WASHING MACHINES:
1. Pre-dissolve the dye packet in a jar of hot water.
2. Place jeans in washer and begin the longest and hottest cycle with the lowest water level.
3. Once the tank has filled with water, introduce the dissolved dye through the detergent drawer and allow the cycle to complete.
OPTIONAL: To increase color intensity, add 1 cup pre-dissolved salt half-way through cycle.
• For front loading machines with no drawer, simply place the dissolvable dye packet in the washer with jeans and run the longest, hottest cycle.
• For front loading machines with a pre-wash flush, add the dye between the flush and wash cycles.
To avoid residual dye in washer, remove jeans and run an additional wash cycle once dyeing is complete.
The hotter the dye bath gets, the more intense the color will be. For maximum color intensity, use the stovetop method.
NOTE: Utensils and pot used for dyeing should not be used for food.
1. Fill a pot with enough warm water for the jeans to move freely. Turn heat on medium.
2. Add the Jeanie soluble dye packet and stir until fully dissolved.
3. Add jeans to the dye bath and raise temperature to a simmer, just below boiling (185°F/85°C).
4. Maintain simmer and stir frequently for ½ hour.
OPTIONAL: To increase color intensity, add 1 cup pre-dissolved salt after 15 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and remove the fabric from the dye bath. Use caution and wear gloves as the fabric and dye bath will be hot and may stain skin. Jeanie is septic and sewer safe and may be poured down the drain.
6. Wash the fabric in cool water with a mild detergent.
Dyed denim should always be laundered in cold water with like colors.
We start processing your order without delay and will normally send it to you by same day dispatch if ordered by 1pm. UK orders are usually received within 2-3 business days following dispatch. Mainland European and Southern Ireland orders are sent by International Standard mail and are generally received in under 7 days. Worldwide orders to other destinations outside the UK are normally sent by International Economy mail unless otherwise agreed.
You must inform us within seven working days of receipt if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the correct delivery address. Undelivered goods which are correctly addressed are assumed lost after 30 days following dispatch, at which time a full refund will be paid. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
The Dye Shop, its employees, and carriers are not responsible for any additional loss or damage beyond the value of the ordered products of any kind sustained by any person as a result of purchasing its products.
Shipping & Handling
Shipping and Handling is Free on all Orders.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 14 working days for a full refund, including the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should ensure that they are securely packaged and take out adequate postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty.
Any goods returned should reach us in saleable condition.